Stellar Suspension Repair Services in Denton, Texas
Don’t Get Shocked! 5 Signs You Need Shock Repair
Your vehicle’s suspension system, including its shocks, helps to promote a smooth and comfortable ride. Worn-out or damaged shocks don’t just turn your driving experience into an uncomfortable nightmare. They can also be downright dangerous. Do you know the symptoms of bad shocks? The professionals at Pioneer Automotive Denton in Denton, Texas are here to help.
What Do Shocks Do?
Your car’s shocks are an important part of its suspension system. When driving over bumpy terrain, the shocks absorb the vehicle’s springing motions and drastically reduce bouncing. Shocks not only increase comfort but help you maintain control over the vehicle.
What Are the Signs of Bad Shocks?
If you notice any of these bad shock symptoms, schedule a suspension repair appointment at Pioneer Automotive Denton right away:
- A Bumpy Ride: One of the most obvious signs of bad shocks is a bumpy ride. You’ll feel every bump and pothole your car drives over. This isn’t only uncomfortable, but it’s also dangerous.
- Steering Issues: Worn-out shocks can lead to steering difficulty. Your steering wheel may be tough to turn or feel stiff.
- Uneven Wire Wear: If you notice uneven wear and tear on your tires, your shocks are worn. Bad shocks can increase your risk of hydroplaning. Take your car into a service shop immediately.
- Mileage: Your shocks should be replaced every 50,000 miles or so. If you’ve been driving for years without replacing your shocks, it might be time for a change.
- Swerving During Braking: If the front end of your car is swerving or dipping when you brake, shock problems could be the culprit. This could be dangerous during wet road conditions.
- Delayed Stopping Distance: Bad shocks can increase your braking distance by up to 20%. Stay safe with suspension repair.
Stellar Suspension Services
Bring your car into Pioneer Automotive Denton in Denton, Texas if you notice any of these worn-out shock symptoms. We can repair your suspension and get you back on the road in no time at all. Contact today at (940) 374-4973 to schedule your suspension repair.